There’s a lot to bear in mind when seeking to sell your home at the optimum time and price. It’s not only the requisite documents that are important; you also shouldn’t underestimate the preparation work needed to sell up. To help you retain an overview of this preparation work, we have drawn up a checklist for you here.
Questions to consider before selling
- Is now the right time to sell my property?
- How much is my property worth?
- What purchase price do I want to get?
- What is the maximum time the sale of my property should take?
- What taxes will I incur when selling my property?
- Do I have an energy certificate or must I apply for one?
- Excerpt from the land register
- Current list of tenants
- List of balances/tenancy deposits
- Building insurance
- Utility bills for the past two years
- Floor plans
- Proof of renovation work
- Calculation of living space
- Which additional documents do I need and where do I apply for them?
Preparing the property
- Prepare the property before selling it
- Carry out cosmetic repairs
- Take professional photos of the property
- What will be my asking price when I advertise my property?
- Who is the target group for my property?
- Where and how will I reach my target group?
- How much time will it take to market my property?
- Do I have the time to market my property?
- How much will it cost me to market my property?
- Create professional exposé
- How will potential buyers receive my exposé?
- Arrange viewings with potential buyers
- Conduct viewings with potential buyers
- Do I have the time to conduct viewings on weekdays?
- What do I have to pay attention to during the viewing?
- How should I treat potential buyers?
- What do I have to inform potential buyers about? Are there any faults with the property?
- What questions might potential buyers ask?
- Manage potential buyers
- How will I receive purchase offers?
- How will I negotiate with potential buyers?
- How will I obtain my desired purchase price?
- How do I choose the buyer?
- Credit check to see whether the potential buyer can pay the purchase price
- When do I turn down the other potential buyers?
Processing the sale
- Who gets to choose the notary?
- What must be included in the purchase contract?
- Are there any legal risks?
- How will the purchase price be paid? By direct wire transfer or via a notary’s account?
- When and how will the property be handed over?
- What must be included in the completion certificate?
Are you looking for support in preparing the sale of your property? Get in touch with us! We are happy to advise you.
Didn’t find the answer?
Disclaimer: This article does not constitute tax or legal advice in individual cases. Please consult a solicitor and/or accountant to clarify the circumstances of your specific case.
Photo: © AndreyPopov/Depositphotos.com